Thursday, November 3, 2011

The first blog ever...and I'll probably need a redo...

Welcome one and all to my new blog!  When thinking about what I wanted my blog to be about, I kept coming back to a simple idea that, as a teacher, I am exposed to some whacky and wild things that happen to me throughout my day.  My wife constantly tells me that I need to write these stories down, but they're just so common place and pedestrian to me that my brain often forgets them once I share them at the dinner table.  So, here I am now, with the power of the Internet at my finger tips, and a blog that needs starting, so why not make it about my crazy adventures as a teacher!

The title for my blog comes from golfing.  A mulligan, essentially, is a do over.  How often I've been teaching or interacting with a child and wish I had a do over.  With this blog, not only will I share some of my more entertaining stories from teaching, but also the trials and tribulations that can often come with being a teacher.  And maybe here, in front of the world, as I sort out the situations, I can find a way to discover my mulligan.  I can find that piece of information or knowledge that will help me do it better next time.

So stay tuned to these pages for updates and stories that will hopefully entertain.  And maybe, if I do a good job, we'll all learn something to!

No comments:

Post a Comment